Tuesday, January 6, 2015

42. Aesop's Fables - The Antlers

Once there lived a stag. He had majestic antlers and admired himself as very handsome beast. 

One day the stay saw his reflection in a pond and said, 'My antlers are indeed so majestic. I look so graceful and admirable. But my legs are ugly. They are spindly and so skinny. I really wish to hide in shame because of these ugly legs of mine'.

Suddenly, the stag was taken aback by a hunter's arrow targeting him. He ran into the woods to hide himself. He ran fast as he could, but suddenly his antlers were caught in a branch of a tree. He tried hard and pulled himself out by pushing back against his legs. He was able to free himself before the hunter who had been searching for him, came to the place where he was caught.

The stag ran away and saved himself from the hunter's attack. He starred at his spindly legs and said, 'I am saved today by these legs. I was wrong to ignore their use and go by their looks. It is the quality and not looks that matter'.

Moral: (1) Do not judge a thing (or a person) by the way it looks. (2) We often despise what is most useful to us.



No comments :

Post a Comment