Thursday, March 26, 2015

23. The Strongest Shields and Spears

One day a man to Akbar's court from  a far country. The man made various weapons such as spears and shields.

The man spoke highly about the make and strength of his weapons. He said, 'My majesty, I make shields and spears like none other. The shields I make are so strong that nothing can pierce them. The spears I make are so sharp that there's nothing they cannot pierce'.

Birbal who was standing nearby said, 'I can certainly prove your claim to be wrong'.

But the man was confident. He plainly denied Birbal's challenge.

Birbal asked the man to hold up one of his shields. The man did so. Birbal took one the spears from man pierced the shield.

The man watched in wonder. He left the court wordlessly. 

No comments :

Post a Comment