Tuesday, January 19, 2016

2. The Radish Porridge

One day Tenali returned home after visiting his friend in a nearby village.

On reaching home he recalled, "I had never tasted something as delicious as I did today ever in my life. It would remain in my memory forever".

The wife wondered. She asked Tenali, "So what is that you ate today ?"

Tenali blushed and replied, "It was the radish porridge (halwa)".

The wife was stuck. She replied amazed, "How can someone make porridge from radish? I am sure you are mistaken by what you ate".

The wife shook her head in disbelief. However, when Tenali insisted he was true to what he said, his wife asked him to learn the recipe from his friend. She told Tenali to buy some radish from the market too, "Since, you have liked the radish porridge so much, it my duty to make it for you!"

Next day Tenali returned home with nothing but his empty cotton pouch.
Soon as he entered the house, his wife asked him, "Where are the radish?"

Tenali was always tricky. And now he had tricked his wife. He said, "I bought over a kilogram of fresh radish. But on the way back home, a wild horny goat came chasing me and snatched the bundle if radish from me".

The wife appeared annoyed. She said, " Anyhow, give me the recipe for radish porridge".

Tenali jiggled between his lips, but replied in regretful tone, "Dear, what will you do with recipe without carrots? I offered it to the goat who had the carrots".

The wife grinned in angry and disgust. She decided never to believe Tenali again.

No comments :

Post a Comment